Thread: Build Log Topgun DAGO rebuild!
View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:57 AM
Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
12,001 Posts
Ricky from topgun designed it, I got one of the first and flew the guts out of it for over a year till the original foam/obechi wing folded, fuse got only minor cracks.

A company that was commisioned to do the glasswork copied it and started selling under their name, HobbyLobby took it on and then claimed it was a Y2K original and topgun copied it! So Ricky dropped the foam core wing and designed a full glass wing that the other guys couldnt copy. They still sell the old design to HL but Topgun have since released the Shark which is a slightly different fuse design to the Dago, also with the glass wing.

Anyway I replaced my old wing with the new glass one and flew it for another year until the mishap. Then sold it busted to a local guy so he could tranfer all the parts into a Shark, then grabbed the empty fuse back before he binned it as I had a spare wing with a bad paint job sitting in storage they gave me. So the airframe owes me about 50 bucks in materials and paint to restore it, and its looking better than it did in the beginning!

Have done the canopy in fresh black paint, and almost finished the wing fitout, tomorrow morning will epoxy in the last servo and cover and fit the horn then the wing is done, all thats needed is bolt in the motor/esc and set up the electrics, dynamic balance the prop and spinner and she is ready for a maiden!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC