Thread: Cool New Walkera V450D03
View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:19 AM
Find More Posts by TommyB33
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
If you can find a 450 size RTF heli in the $300 price range let me know...

When it comes to radios, some where down the line you may want to try out the custom firmware which will let you fly walkera and blade heli's with no hardware mods. To do that you will want a devo 6,8,10 or 12. The 7e is low power and the 7 is not supported by custom firmware because (mostly) of the lack of usb port. I have the 8 and 12. You might not ever want a 12, but if you like the touch screen go for the 8, if you like the lcd go for the 10. As for the money... spend it now, once, rather than wanting to get a better radio later. The 7 is not a bad radio, but you may want more out of it later... If you get a 12, you may never need another radio again.

The v450d03 flies great out of the box. It comes completely built. You can literally charge the battery and fly it. BUT do a little reading first about setting your pitch to 0 at mid stick. (You can fly the way walkera does it, but most guys change it)

I have a blade 300x and I am kicking myself for it.. I could have almost bought 2 v450d03's for that price.
I'll look for a deal on a package with the 8s, but here is the 450 w/Devo7 for $300... am I missing something? Is this not a complete RTF setup?

http://www.rc711.com/shop/24g-walker...te-p-6928.html
TommyB33 is offline Find More Posts by TommyB33