Thread: New Product E-flite Edge 540QQ 280 BNF Basic
View Single Post
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by BillyWhiz
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2013
42 Posts
Edge 540 qq woes....

Undercarriage? ;-) I can top that (unfortunately) - Flew the lil Edge today after my brief trimming flight yesterday before it got dark..
Today I was all fired up to see how good this airframe is.. I flew my 50mm F35 edf jet around for 5 minutes to get my eye in and warm my thumbs up. The darkening skies echoed with the scream of the tiny fan - I mobbed it around and flew all the regular pattern stuff and then a bit of high alpha before the lipo gave a warning pulse.. Landed and swapped the jet for my new Edge qq - I hand-launched and flew some circuits - trim was perfect so I did some multiple rolls and flew some full power verticle rolls - all on low rate - what a blast :-) suddenly the sound of the motor tripled and I saw a bunch of foam (the cowling) fly off the plane.. there was a problem - I couldn't hold it against a massive anti clockwise roll and it drilled into the deck. It crashed a couple yards in front of me and on inspecting the wreckage I realised what had happened - the (stock) propeller had thrown a blade and it looked like the resultant vibration tore the front of the plane to pieces mid air - even the motor mount was in two pieces - only one piece was there at the scene - and believe me I scoured for it.
Oh well.. gotta make that call to the store now. I have a bad taste in my mouth at the moment!!
BillyWhiz is offline Find More Posts by BillyWhiz