View Single Post
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by invertmast
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
I always talk to my models, they tell me where the components need to go to achieve cg without adding weight. that said I prefer esc in the tailcone for superior cooling, tams upgrade also adds a heatsink to the motor which improves motor cooling also, airflow/airspeed is greater behind the fan so better cooling is realized. esc's can fail and do fail, containing it in a carbon fiber tube with 200mph airflow around it can contain an esc fire and most of the time save the model from catching fire.

so open ducting? that would pretty much settle it for me they would be in the tailcone and would move the batts foward a little bit if needed away from the fans
I guess you could consider it opening ducting... The inlet ring is modified and then epoxied to the inlet:

Battery placement: the fans are only about 3 to 4" on either side of the edges of the batteries, and by the time you do a series harness, there is excess wire to work with.

Already had one esc fire in this model on a 6s setup, not really wanting to repeat that:
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast