Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by Jerm357
United States, MI
Joined May 2011
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
Is this your first 4 channel heli? As much fun as I have had with mine,
I find it hard to recommend the brand due to quality and design issues.
Yes, this will be my first 4channel heli, but have been flying 3channel for awhile now. Is there any thing better out there for around $72 shipped with 4 channels and about the same size? I though that this was one of the best helis for the money, am I wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gygax View Post
hey jerm..

ive had a 9116 for about a month now, and for a first helicopter, i really recommend it. yes, its shonky and the quality control in its manufacturing is terrible.. BUT..
its stable, easy to fly, incredibly rugged, and best of all for me at least, the parts are very very cheap to replace and the community here is very helpful in troubleshooting problems and suggesting modifications.

i am still stuck with the stock battery.. with the mod i did to my main motor wiring, i definitely need something better now. i am about to order a few of these..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300825419...84.m1438.l2649

definitely get a few if you can. you will want to keep em charged and swap them in and out of the heli, so you can fly when the weather is accommodating. just make sure you let the motor cool between flights, and the battery cool before recharging.

the 900mah batteries apparently do increase flight time (im not sure about engine power and performance). they have a higher C-rating, so from what i understand, they should deliver more power in theory.

hope this helps you.
I was thinking about going with a few of these... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html They seem to be pretty cheap and so is the shipping.
Jerm357 is online now Find More Posts by Jerm357
Last edited by Jerm357; Feb 07, 2013 at 05:03 PM.