View Single Post
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
7,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highly Grounded View Post
I am satisfied with the repair, but I'm still looking for an upgrade! I'm flying well enough that the range is an issue for me. I can't really go all out because I have this short ceiling to worry about.
I'm glad that you have got that sorted out. I love the Syma X1 for the way it flies. But when you're ready to fly beyond its range, it feels very limiting. I have an V949, which Tx is compatible and has better range. I also have a T9x radio, so the sky is the limit there. You should consider these upgrades.

The V949 is a similar size, yet different characteristics quad. But if you'd like to take one step further, I'd recommend the V959, because it has an on board camera. Granted that it is not the top of the line video equipment, it will give you some idea whether you want to pursue in that direction or not. I really like the V959 Tx and the possibilities of turning thing on/off on the FC from the Tx. Ultimately, if range and programming is your thing, you would want to invest in a FS-TH9XB or something similar.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad