View Single Post
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
I purchased a Giant EC-135 from BH. When it arrived, I charged the battery, read the instructions, and tried flying it. The helicopter didn't respond to the transmitter.

Then, when looking through the parts that came with the heli, I found a bag with 2 allen wrenches and some sort of plug. On the bottom of the heli was the mate for that plug. In the manual it said nothing about this plug. So me being new to the hobby, I thought it might be part of the antenna. So I plugged it in.

With the throttle off, the heli took off, hit the ceiling and crashed into the furniture. I could not control it. I had to unplug the battery to stop the blades from rotating. Smoke started coming out of the heli. At that point, the heli was destroyed. The motors burned out and the PCB was fried.

I contacted their customer support. I told them my situation and the girl, her name was Angelina, told me she'd help me and call me back. That never happened.

I contacted BH's tech support and was told they'd get back to me within 72 hours. It took about 72 hours to hear back from them. They had a question so I answered it. It took another 72 hours for them to get back to me. In the meantime, I called and spoke to the rudest person. I didn't get his name but in talking to him, I mentioned the plug I found and he confirmed that it was a part of the antenna. Ok, so a day or so later, their tech guy Jimmy asks for pictures of the damage. So I sent him a zip file. Two days later I call them and the customer rep tells me they can't open zip files. So I had to send them the pictures again.

The next day I get an email from them telling me that the plug I put in was not an antenna but a binding plug (not an antenna like their customer service rep confirmed) and that unfortunately they will not replace the heli. However they would be glad to help me in finding the parts I needed to fix it up. The heli cost $179 plus shipping. The parts were going to cost roughly $140 and I had to buy the batteries and PCB from a company overseas. Does that make freakin sense?!?

I sent Jimmy back another email in response to his demanding a new heli but of course I haven't heard back from them. It's been almost 5 days. I'm guessing they are ignoring my request for a new heli.

I'm ticked off because the darn thing wasn't even 2 hours old!!! It obviously was a problem right out of the box. And of course it was supposed to be RTF and was supposed to be thoroughly tested before it was shipped. Hogwash!

BananaHobby; Order #25589-130111
Banana Hobby Customer Support Case # 00052996
Quickdraw62 is offline Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
Last edited by Quickdraw62; Feb 06, 2013 at 03:14 PM.