Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
My MS paint plans seemed to translate well on to the depron However the nose will require some trimming

It weighs 21.5 g without electronics, but it could have been lighter: The carbon fiber spar isnt really necessary and adds 2 grams (but Im whacking a high power setup on it so it will help me), also I extended the KFm2 to follow the contours of the booms/cabin and I added 2 more bits of 3mm depron to each boom front to give my BL motors something to bite on to and to absorb the shock of belly landings. I think I could make it between 16-18g if I didnt want extreme speed and aerobatic performance from it.

I think with the mosquito stock 1s electronics (say 26g with dual aileron servos and a 250mah lipo) it would fly close to 3D. The twin motor setup produces between 75-90g of thrust. Now mosquito electronics + my air frame should weigh between 50-55g, so there would be a great thrust to weight ratio.

....But as you may know from some of my earlier posts my mosquito electronics are playing up, so I am forced to use an ORX 6ch

My power system is going to be 2x AP05 5000kV BL outrunners with either mosquito props of GWS 5030 3 blade props and running on 2x 3-5a ESCs on 1s. All up I will get between 140 - 180g of static thrust

This plane is going to be AMAZING!!!!

EDIT: Also the CG is right on the money, I gave it a light throw and cleared the distance of my lounge room and hit the wall, this is by far the best gliding plane I have built yet

Wingspan: 540mm
Length: 395mm
Weight: 21.5g (without electronics, or glue)

Plans available soon

The ORX 6 channel probably won't like 1S with two high amp draw motors.

I wish HK sold the DSM2 6 Channel RX that is in the Gemini RC planes.

It's like a 6 Channel R415.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN