Thread: Question Turnigy 9XR
View Single Post
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:47 AM
Find More Posts by mpjf01
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
2,423 Posts
It always goes this way it seems. Someone sticks his head above the papapet and admits he has difficulty learning how to use the XR firmware and immediately he is told that it is easy. So he feels inadequate and he and others like him are often unwilling to come to places like this and either seek help or register their concern.

What you meant to say, Chris, is that YOU believe it is easy. But those who don't are not stupid or incompetent because they have a different experience, it is more common than not.

I'm a user of and an advocate for OPEN9X. However I did experience a learning curve with this that took me a while and some effort to get over. I was able to handle the stock 9X firmware without this steep learning curve, and would still be using it if it actually contained the functionality that it claims to, I wouldn't have had to change.

Many people in the club I belong to looked at the ER9X/OPEN9X firmware briefly and decided that it was just too hard. There are two of us who use it now, out of 150 members. We have shown the others, explained it, given a presentation and offered to modify the radios of those who bought 9xs to enable flashing. But for them, too hard.

It's wrong for the evangelists for the open firmware to simply dismiss these others as being of no consequence. We should be listening and looking for ways to develop firmware that is more widely usable. Just my opinion.
mpjf01 is offline Find More Posts by mpjf01