View Single Post
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:43 AM
Find More Posts by --Oz--
Quadaholic
United States, CA, Newport Beach
Joined Mar 2006
2,683 Posts
Franken-Quad

Well I had a senior moment with the help of a few Margaritas at 1am, my X1 took a planned 90 foot dive with a carving corner and it didn't make it (I dumb thumbed it), it hit the concrete and bounced ~15 feet into a wall. It broke the frame and IMO is un-repairable.

I am thinking a replacement frame is 2-3 weeks away, so in 20 minutes I made a new frame. Maybe try finish putting it back together tomorrow, but kinda doubt it, with the hard hit, I think I may have to replace some other parts (rotor shafts), this thing has taken a bashing and will be my first repair, so very happy with the X1.

I was surprised that my stock X1 was 58 grams (I don't remember if that was with the stock battery or not), and this is 57 grams now w/o battery (I did lose the battery holder, body and PCB dome protector, but I did add 8 LED's, 8 resistors and wires, I have not hooked up the power to the LED's yet, as can be seen).

Ordering from BangGood takes to long, what other place in US has parts for the X1 with reasonable shipping times?
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--