Thread: Build Log E-Scorpion
View Single Post
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:59 AM
Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
7,163 Posts
If I understand you correctly, yes. Once the 2 halfs are joined together, from the root cord it will be cut back, to square off the LE. for mounting. Don't have the amount handy, right now, but about 3.5" . Squared to where it meets saddle. I don't have everything written down, a lot of it is in my head! My dad, brother and I, have the ability to design stuff in our heads, and it comes out just as we planned! Most of the time!!

Need to get wing built first so I can get the saddle correct, then "relieve" some foam to accomodate the intakes. I had thought about this before hand. Will have 2- 1/8" 6-ply spars, front and rear..Once the entire wing is done , LE, TE, tips, hinges, servo and gear bays cut out, etc. it will be completly glassed.I also took into account, that all 3 Scorpion model are composite fuses, the 2 bigger, turbine versions have plug in wings. The E vesion has the one piece wing, so it has to be strong, to tie it all together. Never done a foamy before, don't want it to "fold" in half.

Only when I think the fuse meets my personal expectations, if not it's a do over, will the entire fuse be glassed!
At least that's the plan.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Feb 06, 2013 at 02:20 AM.