Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCR View Post
Z
Well folks, this video gave me the information I needed to figure out how to get the swash plate and the pitch set correctly. So If it works for me, it could work for other people to... I had the heli flying ( and crashing again) in 30 minutes. Must say, that canopy and the way it " rides up" after even the smallest of bumps is ridiculous. Of course is splits as soon as you look at it like a cheap date. This is just not well thought out at all. So I am now trying to re-enforce the canopy with tape ( just sticky tape from Staples for instance), and put a strip of that just in front of the landing gear cut-outs. Like a dogs muzzle if that give a better picture. I am thinking that is a better than just flying without the canopy to protect the PCB .
Glad you got it going. One of the first things I do is reinforce the inside of the canopy with duck tape, do the top inside also they like to split down the middle. Another important thing is I hot glue all around the battery wires where they connect to the receiver. Helps keep the power transfer up by preventing strains from breaking in the battery plug.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor