View Single Post
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:48 PM
Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
Joined Jan 2012
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
That is the TH 40D Servo (digital). The stock digital upgrade servo. Troublesome was that on startup this servo was stripping slightly on high rate when putting left aileron in. Backed off of the overdriving of the servos being done in the radio at 125% in the travel adjust menu on the DX6i. Once that was done, deflection was still decent enough and the speed was there. I was so bummed to have risked damage to the plane in getting the old servo out and a new one in to have perhaps wound up with a brand new servo stripping and slipping. Well, it's working for now and it's feeling fun to fly the plane the way it's supposed to fly. Put a Futaba 3114 in the Standard CY to get that going this weekend too. A little bit heavy at 2 grams more than the stock 5g servo but plenty good in terms of quality. Always liked 2S and the 9" prop but this sagged a little on 2S. Works out OK I think but better for a 3S and 8" prop. Thanks for watching guys! Glad to see everyone is getting some good stick time in on the TH planes this winter.
Thanks for the info!
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member