View Single Post
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by Conundrum4000
Joined Feb 2013
18 Posts
Discussion
Advice for getting back into the hobby

Hi guys,

After having my car in mothballs for a few years due to making a family, I have recently rekindled my love for R/C cars and want to get back into the hobby.

I'm looking to hopefuly keep my current car and just upgrade with newer electronics, so I'll list what I have currently. I'm looking (for now, until I get comfortable with it) to run around my neighborhood streets and race my neighbors who also have cars. All on-road

What i have is a HPI RS4 Rally, with a F1 reverse ESC (Does not support LiPO), Team Orion 11t motor, Futuba 2.4ghz radio. The batteries are long since dead (NiCD) and thinking of updating to LiPo, but not sure of the benefits for my application. I would need a new ESC to support that, I believe?

The car runs with a new battery, although the motor gets stuck and I have to tap on it to get it moving, thinking I need to do a tear-down and rebuild on that, or replace it altogether.

The car has crazy accceleration, but low top end speed -- any suggestions on gearing to improve that, assuming I keep the same motor?

Any help or advice is appreciated.
Conundrum4000 is offline Find More Posts by Conundrum4000