Thread: Build Log Topgun DAGO rebuild!
View Single Post
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:34 AM
Extreme_RC is offline
Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,987 Posts
Next up primer, I got some SCA (super cheap auto) acrylic primer filler, this is great stuff, flows really nice, its thick and it goes off quick, 30 mins and it can be wet rubbed safely.

Did two heavy coats on the wing bottom and let it sit for a couple hours while masking up and preparing the fuselage.

Rubbed the wing back with 1500 wet n dry, came up great, flipped it and did another 2 coats on the top. Put it aside and started on the fuse. Photos show the wing primered and ready for painting along with the servo covers and battery hatch.

I built up the repaired areas on the fuse doing coats every 5 mins, it was nice and warm so I was able to really get the primer on there, pretty much filled all the bad areas over the space of a few hours Sunday arvo.

Then I hit a problem! The purple flames down the side of the fuse turn out to be water slide decals! Which decided to lift and bubble from the acrylic primer So I had to scrape the rest of the flames off right up to the tail, and wet sand the whole fuse to smooth and blend the edges back in.

Monday finished jobs off then back to the priming and sanding, got the fuse nice and smooth by mid arvo, ready to paint, and of course stupid me forgot to take photos of the primered fuse didnt I! Wanted to see it in colour so much I missed taking shots.

Anyway photos show it after a coat of red, looks really good considering how it looked before hand!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Reply With Quote