View Single Post
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by d2tw4all
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geewow View Post
Nice plane! The $300 price point made me a bit hesitant at first but after flying it this past weekend, no buyers remorse!
Under an hour after unboxing and I was at the park in 15mph winds, handled it like a champ. Stock setup was trimmed perfectly. After 2 batts I heard a brief random screaching noise - prop adapter needed to be tightened on the stator.
A bit tough to get a sharp straight up and down knife edge and a little wingrock in the harrier (coulda been the puffy wind) but this thing is a blast. Able to fly in a small field and floats right down everytime.
DX7, everything on one switch, packing tape hinge on the battery cover, wider velcro strip in the battery tray, plastic protector on the base of the rudder.

Will be paying attention on results of different size props and perhaps some cheap HK servo replacements to have on hand as spares, I look forward to many more posts, I think they got a real winner.
Glad to have ya with me in the club George, tomorrow looks snowy but no wind so I think the birds will be going up! Come to work ready for flying!!!

You should have seen this jerk at RCHOVER today, he was helping a friend set up a new Visionaire and I saw first he had the LG on backwards, he's all defensive until I show him it should have a forward rake in the manual and he finally concedes, then he's helping him check control directions and I mention the goofy flights modes preprogrammed into the RX unit and the fact that you need to use the gear channel to switch between and he was a complete ignorant jerk about it, claimed that it wasn't needed, that he was using flight mode in the transmitter and it was a magical DX18 and that it was plenty of throws to 3D the plane yadda yadda yadda. I feel bad for the friend he was setting it up for. Ignorant fool. I just walked out the dude was so rude, so much for me trying to help LOL.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all