View Single Post
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by Garret H
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
2,056 Posts
Most "standard" shipping options do not require a signature. Even UPS and Fedex no longer require a signature unless you request it when creating the shipment. USPS charges a fee for that service. In either case, the cost would negate the standard shipping option. A vendor is not going to just let you pay the cheapest shipping option then lose money by adding special services to your budget shipping option. In fact, many of my buyers request that we send "no signature required" because they are often not home when the postal delivery person comes to their door. So, they are then tasked with the hassle of going to the PO to pick it up. Also, a large majority of buyers do not have a problem with theft, or they have an enclosed mail box on their street. If you have such as issue with theft in your area, I suggest you petition the PO to install an enclosed mailbox, or call the vendor and ask for them to include signature required at your expense. If the package is stolen off your step, I do not see how it is the vendor's fault -- they have no control over the crime rates of your neighborhood, and as I stated, requiring a signature is an extra cost that most buyers prefer not to pay for and all vendors prefer not to incur.

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor