Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by porcia83
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I think you need to recalibrate your low standards for e-tailers. A good e-tailer will replace items that are stolen. For example, if I buy something from Amazon and it was stolen from my porch they would apologize and send another one, not tell me it's my fault and accuse me of lying to them trying to rip them off.

Value Hobby chose to use the absolute cheapest shipment method possible. That method creates an inherent risk of this problem happening. They chose to ship without insurance. I didn't wave it or refuse to pay extra for it. They chose to ship without requiring a signature. I didn't refuse to pay extra for it. At no point during the checkout process was I aware that my orders were being treated in this manner. If a company chooses to cut costs and play the odds they should be willing to step and eat the cost when there's a loss to keep a happy customer.

Had I paid with a credit card instead of PayPal I could file a dispute and Value Hobby would lose because they can't show I received the item (with a signature). I paid for the item and I didn't get it. It's pretty plain and simple. In the eyes of the credit card company, the onus of getting the product into my hands ultimately falls on the vendor. Unfortunately PayPal doesn't care and only requires they show that something was "delivered" (not even caring what it is), not that I received it. So, Value Hobby gets lucky this time, loses a customer, and gains negative word of mouth.

My standards of service are calibrated, thanks. I don't expect something for nothing, and I don't rant when a company fulfills it's obligation to send something to me and someone else steals it (or when the item is out of warranty). Insurance wouldn't have done a thing here. Speaking of calibration, can you confirm how the vendor sent your item to you? Priority right? So you got a better service than you wanted. I believe you checked off "standard shipping" right, that's the cheapest available right? Typically ground or parcel post (which again, is what you wanted). Any other vendor you know of that requires signatures for this kind of order?

I understand your frustration, but it appears to be completely misplaced. I've never had to sign for something from amazon (just got two packages today ), nor value hobby, nor horizon etc etc. You are trying to blame this vendor for something that they didn't do (and normally don't), and again, for something that you didn't ask for. And the CC company would not have paid you back, just as PP correctly didn't. Any chance one of those e-mails from you mentioned anything about a complaint thread if you didn't get your items the second time?

So please confirm, this was sent to you priority mail right?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)