Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:04 PM
WTN
Find More Posts by WTN
WTN
Joined Jan 2013
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispintechno View Post
I shredded my hand testing a CS10 fan earlier. Been having problems either with the grub screws not being tight enough/slipping/sloppy drill holes, or the housing distorted striking the fan blade at RPM. Not sure which. Testing it in the plane and it's not striking the shroud but it's slipping on the motor shaft. I really like collets better.
In any case I learned a valuable lesson on how dangerous these fans become if they let go!

I also learned any test jig when spooling up the motor/fan, the fan shroud should be fully supported like it is in the plane or it will bend and distort and cause a blade strike too.

What's your set-up? Still have the stock exceed fan/motor, just plug her in and go. Not super powerful. (you may have it if is enough fan/motor for you)
I'm determined to get this Change Sun 10 blader working than start messing with a 12 blade later myself.
Right now I think it's slipping because the amps are down, not where I thought it would be for a static test (30amps on 2800kv lol).
I have pics at the end of the "balancing an EDF with a cell phone" thread. It appears that I need to modify the mounting system to somehow fully support the fan shroud. Do you still have the stock fan/motor? I would gladly by it from you.

WTN
WTN is offline Find More Posts by WTN