View Single Post
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,951 Posts
Speaking of the front sprocket of the DX450/M5, I have that bike but didnt look at it last night. I was under impression the chain is smaller than whats used on the MM450. If so, how is it that a sprocket for a smaller chain can be correct size for the bigger mm450 chain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hi guys,

I'm debating whether to buy or not the metal triple clamps for the bike. My thoughts are the stock plastic ones have some give that protect the front parts and bearings from getting bent or damaged, while the metal won't protect as much. The metal triple clamps can even get bent too.

What do you think?
David
I just upgraded to the metal triples and that is a concern too. I hope its not an issue. However, Ive had the stearing stem bend and the plastic part that the stem fits into that mounts to frame break, so those seem to give out enough so forks dont damage so I am hoping that continues to be how things go in a crash, not the forks or triples. Time will tell. I wish I was good enough to tell difference in ride between plastic or metal triples. Maybe CHKTM can though.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc