Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:00 AM
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes68charger View Post
ducted nitro motors are a thing of the past and not to mess with them but could not tell me why?
DF glow stopped evolution when turbines became commersial avalable. Electric DF took over the evolution and there are some pretty good EDFs out there. If wanting good performance in a DF plane you still need to spend alot of $$$. Maybe you can find a performance setup with tuned pipe and all second hand?

Back then turbines were like $4000+ and people still switched over from DF. Now days you can get a turbine that WORKS FLAWLESS every time for a little as $1725.

Also remember a DF making 14lb of thrust equals a turbine of 7lb thrust as the efflux speed of the DF is limited. Ok if making all correct the diffrence is not 50% but it's damn close! I think we all agree the 10lb thrust Wren 44 will fly a .91 DF glow plane better then the DF did. I also think the 7lb thrust Kolibri would fly a .91 DF jet. Remember those were not rockets and needing a long roll on the ground.

If chooseing the DF route make sure to get state of the art equippment.

BVM Viper, 66"long 51" wingspan. The highest performance DF you can find.... still a dog compared to 2013 standards...
20 year old RC jet good for 200mph (7 min 28 sec)
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Last edited by henke; Feb 04, 2013 at 06:17 AM.