View Single Post
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by RMCCOR7737
Heads up...
United States, VA, Stafford
Joined Jun 2009
749 Posts
Finished and ready for maiden flight

My son and I are done with the build process of the "Micro Telemaster V2". Electronics are in, throws set and plane balanced. I used a 72mhz receiver I had laying around so I could put him on a buddy cable set up. I do not own a 2.4 system with trainer ports. He is happy with the results but a little apprehensive about flying it. I assured him if he brakes something that we can repair it.

My honest review of this kit may be better suited for another thread or forum as I was a little disappointed with the instruction details and mistakes. Also the fitment of the recommended motor, prop, ESC and battery combo. Many modifications that I myself would not recommend or expect a beginner to have to deal with if not with someone experienced to help out. Do not try to ROG with the recommended prop either, it hits the ground before the tail is up.... Also the prop does not fit the motor well due to the size of the seats on the motor. We also had to add a 1/16" ply layer to the motor mount to get the prop to clear the nose. Had to drill out the motors holes to get the supplied screws to fit. All electronics, minus the servos, had to go in the battery compartment to get the plane to balance out without additional weights...enough said.
RMCCOR7737 is offline Find More Posts by RMCCOR7737