Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:08 AM
Find More Posts by zadaw
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scornflake View Post
Hi people's!

I converted my m.cp to hitec servos right off the bat. When doing clockwise circuits, I find that it has a tendency to dip forward, and when corrected can be very very sensitive.

In addition (and I don't know if its related) when doing half loops (to get inverted, for example), it has a tendency to want to accelerate 2/3rds the way through. Such that you have to be very careful to back off your elevator before getting fully inverted, which is very different to other helis I've flown (v120d02s and gaui x2). It's like ele gain goes up as the heli approaches being inverted.

Anyone else experienced the same "irregular" flying feeling?

I'm wondering if perhaps the servos are quicker than the standard ones, and wondering if the gyro doesn't cope as a result. I've tried mild changes to gain, with not very much in the way of effect...

Ideas?
The acceleration you described is quite well known. I find it quite difficult to stabilize the heli after a half flip or roll. The weight of the heli may also be a contributing factor.

What I found is that it has a tendency to pitch backwards rather than forwards during a turn. This could be that the accelerometers are compensating. I think this is what Xermalk found as well.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw