Thread: Yippee! HK Specter 1800
View Single Post
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:28 AM
Find More Posts by Nunni1
Deutschland, NDS, Bramsche
Joined Sep 2009
60 Posts
Hello all,
After trashing my easy glider after 2 years of flight, I then bought the Ask 21 from HK. It flew great for about 10 flights but to assemble it at the flying field took about 15 mins which was a real pain. So I've had it with foam. I had some credit at hk so I saw the specter and bought it - then searched RCGroups to see If I'd bought a pig - should of done that first realy!
Anyhow, this thread set me at rest. I loved gliding and I'm looking forward to my maiden this spring I dont want to go fast with it - for going fast I've got my Parkzone stryker.
The reason for this post is to share with you my servo sollution. I spent the last couple of nights looking for a way to get two metal gear corona servos in and running effectively. See attached photo.
The next problem on my list is the wing mount.
Problem 1. The carbon fiber wing joint is too long (is it me or HK quality control?)
Problem 2. I found that the leading edge of the wings don't fit properly into the reses in the fuse. Do I need to grind down the fuse at this point?
Problem 3. Do I need to put metal pins in the leading edge of the wings that then fit in the holes in the fuse? (No parts came big enough for the pre- drilled holes in the fuse.)
Problem 4. Do I need to drill holes in the wings for the mounting screws that then screw into the fuse?
Any sugestions would help
Thank you in advance.
Nunni1 is offline Find More Posts by Nunni1