Thread: Discussion Hobby King Ryan STA EPO
View Single Post
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by TheWhistler
Joined Feb 2013
24 Posts
I had nothing bad bad luck with this plane. The power issue went away when I removed the cowling and spinner which somehow caused friction.. Once this stuff was removed the plane became alot faster.
(as you can see in the video I attached) A bigger motor is also not a bad idea, like Brett has.

There are lots of stupid little issues with this plane, not to mention the manual is the worst manual I have ever seen.

But then again for only $90, with everything but the reciever and battery it is not that bad of an idea. No matter what happens to it I always seem to repair it, and it's nice to have a plane that you don't give a crap about.

I did a review of it however telling the story of this plane and my luck.

Review of the Starmax Ryan STA EPO Foamy. Available from Hobby King and Banana Hobby (7 min 44 sec)

The people at the field are in shock that I still bring this thing out after all the crap it has been through. It's become frankenplane! I am going to paint it black and write Eat Me! on the wings and Death Mobile on the fuse as a tribute to Animal House over this winter. :-) I will also get a new wing in from hobbyking since this old one is mostly glue and packing tape now. I am always afraid it is going to break in the air and some poor sheep might get taken out by the run away plane. :-P
TheWhistler is offline Find More Posts by TheWhistler
Last edited by TheWhistler; Feb 03, 2013 at 01:57 AM.