Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:04 AM
Find More Posts by Dereck
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel View Post
Just as a matter of curiosity, can you mail-order spray paints into Chicago? Or, would you wind up having the ATF at your door?

CD
Now, that's getting complicated. With the Prius, a 60 mile drive is cheaper than MO, though sneaking something in past Illinois sales taxes can make for serious savings.

I have the can of red spray paint I bought outside of Chicago to do the cowl on my 4*20E and haven't seen the PATF as yet, so who knows?

Oddly enough, and with little effect on street trash spraying buildings, all fifty - yes, fifty - 'Alderpersons', as the Chicago government Minor IAms, are known, voted to ban those terrible sorry cans from this fine city. Maybe they should go to DC and do a presentation to the Mighty PooBahs and Great Iams up Capital Hill on how to agree on things and pass laws in unison?

In the meantime, I am poised to do Great Things to the K-E-OS wing in the name of progress, but am swithering between a complicated tailplane structure involving a 3/16" strip wood core capped in 1/16" balsa or just making the tailfeathers from 1/4" sheet balsa.

Decisions, decisions!

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck