View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by Doug W
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2010
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8492ND View Post
Time to go to school fellas! Class is in session, lol. All modifications are in house. I will start with what the plane looks like now and take you back. I have incorporated the Double-slotted flaps system with leading edge slats.
8492ND...a couple things my good man. First, I applaud you for creating a second Wedgetail. My RAAF one (pictured) flies perfectly.

As for attention to detail- I will tell you might wish to re-do your MESA Radar antenna (the surfboard/top hat) as it is dimensionally incorrect- it needs to be longer at the base and it sits slightly higher. The Wedgetail has a shortened forward section of the vertical fin (tail) as compared to a standard 737NG to fit the long MESA antenna. (Look closely at your picture you posted of the Korean one.)

Second, you can in fact do your flaps however you wish, but regardless of fowler movement or not (hi2nr is correct- yours are not quite fowler), you will at least want to make your flaps airfoil shaped to maximize the lifting effect. They are "blunt" nosed as pictured. They will still provide lift, just not as much as possible.

Third, because of weight added aft of CG (antenna on top, dorsal fins), you will need to plan your battery well forward of normal to achieve proper CG.

To answer your 747-400 question, I'm not sure what livery I will go with (likely United from the late 90s), but I will have full span Kruger slats. (You hear me hi2nr?)

Cheers, and good luck on Wedgetail serial number two! Happy to help if you need.
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W