Thread: New Product New Hobbyking Jet - Stinger 64
View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by orbit_01
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
70 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a new Stinger and also purchased a Wicked 4000+ EDF/ESC setup from the Don.

My meager EDF experience has shown me that stock edf power systems are cheap, nasty, unbalanced and unreliable, i'm not overly confident in standard gear hence purchasing one of Don's setups.

When the plane arrives I will be maidening it using Nano-tech 3S 2200mah 25c-50c lipos which i have a large selection of from my Extra300, (I'll get 4S Nano-techs after I am used to the plane).

So my question is this:

The Wicked 4000+ setup with 60A ESC will be heavier than the stock setup but on 3S also makes approx 50-75watts more power than stock, so should I do the 3S maiden on Don's weightier setup or on the Stock setup?

What setup will give the best power/weight ratio, and more importantly what setup will give the best COG using these 3S 2200mah Nano-tech's. I would like to avoid excessive foam removal to gain 72mm COG if possible.

And do i balance the Stinger upright or inverted at 72mm?

If anyone has tried a similar battery on both stock and wicked setups, any tips are appreciated.

Thanks ;-)
orbit_01 is offline Find More Posts by orbit_01
Last edited by orbit_01; Feb 02, 2013 at 09:41 PM.