View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by rancherpete
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
Yep, I did earlier today and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I did have a prop go out of track on me today even though everything is balanced. I had one do it before because the arm it was on was a lot flimsier than the others. I stiffened the arm with a rod glued to the bottom of it and it didn't happen again. Maybe I'm getting some more vibration from another flimsy arm causing a problem. I have ordered some carbon sleeve to cover them so maybe that will help. It didn't use to do this and it's gotten pretty bad in the last week. Maybe the cold weather has something to do with it as well.
I found that mine was improved quite a bit by stiffening the arms with 16MM CF tubing (siliconed along the bottom of each arm) but I too have decided to take the plunge and sleeve the arms instead. My materials will be here next week for this. I have been flying in very cold weather here in Colorado and find that the unit flies much better. The arms should be stiffer in the cold so I would think that this would improve things for you not the other way around. Also, the density altitude factor is working to my advantage as I am at 7,000 ft. MSL and get better lift in the cold. Good luck with it. We can compare notes after the "sleeve job"
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete