View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:39 PM
Find More Posts by sirzeppu
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,428 Posts
I do want to build some warbirds as well...but I am with you on the maintenance and I also find them more challenging to fly. The only larger warbird I've had is a CMP P40 ARF that required loads of work to get right and then fought with me for 3 crash landings despite the Lado retracts I spared no expense on...grass and retracts don't mix well and my skill as a pilot was maxed out just keeping the relatively overpowered bird in the air (lots of torque roll on throttle up...required at deft left hand and I was not up to the task).

I'm going to put a topflite 60 size P40 ARF together at some point, but my skill has increased since that CMP P40 and I'm hopeful I will at least be able to fly the thing.

Still, despite my best efforts, I cannot find a model I enjoy flying as much as my 1/4 Scale Hangar 9 J3. Word on the street is the Stinson will fly about the same and that makes me very happy. I've had the biggest grin ever spending a tank of fuel practicing my scale wheel landings and 1/4 throttle scale takeoffs. The classics are awesome...and while I'm enjoying the Stinson build, I can't wait to get it in the air and FLY it.
sirzeppu is offline Find More Posts by sirzeppu