View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by TBowman
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Hi Andrew

A Jolly Roger did cross my mind (like the idea of designing my own skull and crossbones for a flag). Also thought the "Don't give up the ship" flag would be good for Dan's brig. : ) Along with the Star Spangled Banner of course. For me though, priority is standard Royal Navy stuff. More into the military stuff then Pirate stuff. Just me.

Dan. Happy to post a step by step with photos when I have some time along with material samples/specifics I have many that (I have not tried yet). If I can do it, anyone can do it. There is no special equipment required. Only a few chemical solutions to pretreat the material. I think I have figured the best way for registration too using a template for each piece. I created the artwork for all of them in Illustrator afetr researching sizes, materials etc. Will play around with colors some more until I get the look I like. Thought it might be nice to have a few signal flags more weathered then others. So everything is not consistently new and perfect looking.

Gary...no secrets here. If something I do, or did, helps someone else with their project, happy to contribute at least something to this forum. After all, I like to think that this is what they are for. : )

Tim
TBowman is offline Find More Posts by TBowman
Last edited by TBowman; Feb 02, 2013 at 03:28 PM.