View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by Dolby
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,066 Posts
Have you flown MK and WKM, if not it may be worth a try? I've flown and own all 3 and although I'd love HF to be number one it would be my last choice of the three especially with the firmware mess when they launched their GPS board. It was months before my board was usable again and I just moved on. On WKM I find the POI feature very helpful when doing a 1 man operation. I like that I can have the copter fly a circled point of interest and then control the camera while the copter is flying its pattern. Although now I mainly do up close industrial inspections which the GPS on the WKM has proven to be best so far. I can get with in 6' of an object and not worry about bumping in, I use a sonic sensor that overlays in my OSD just to make sure but havent had a problem yet in 7 - 8 meters/s winds.

The smooth height hold of the WKM and MK are what do it for me when shooting video. HFP especially in windy conditions you need to fight the throttle a little more, you can still get the same result but requires a lot more work and focus.

Either way I'd love to see more advancement from HFP in their FC. They are a great bunch of people.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dolby; Feb 02, 2013 at 03:10 PM.