Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Billz_01
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
No prob's. happy to help

Back to the nano 8100k

So the plane gods in the aforementioned thread have found that it was a slow spinner also, but with a much lower amp draw. Oobly, it looks as though a gear ratio change with this drop in motor could very well be plausible. What's the chance I could be pointed in the right direction for obtaining a new main gear and pinion?

I think I would like to test this out soon, I'm trying to match some calc's with people's findings so I know what to expect. I also think I could (for my purposes) use a bit less gov head room, is 20% really needed? Wouldn't having it (gov speed) higher make for faster recovery anyway as it's closer to the rated speed of the motor? (Therefore requiring less amp draw to overcome the extra load).

The stock motor gave me 40+g of thrust, so if I can get that without massive bogging I would be happy, although more would be nicer, maybe 50g+- since the mild kit apparently gives 60g. (Not confirmed, just from what I've read & I think that might have been at 80%). Somewhere between 4-5k head speed @ 80-90% should do the trick, and 4 minute flight times would all be nice also
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01