View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,159 Posts
Yeah I have had some really bad luck. Dont give give me wrong I know several people that have had really good luck with the DLE 30(That is why I bought one) I just personally have owned a 71 Slick since Aug and have not been able to fly it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK7 View Post
Sorry to hear about your luck with this engine. I've had real good luck with my rear carb version right out of the box.

Sounds like you have done your research on how to fix it but it still isn't working for you.
I would think that if you had a proper seal on the carb, intake, and the reeds are sealing flat on their surfaces it should run OK.
Maybe check the float needle. I bent the little alum. arm that is spring loaded on mine while cleaning the carb and didn't notice it. It flooded and wouldn't start til I got back in there and straightened it back out. I just bent it back so it is basically straight across from the spring to the needle. Don't know if that is in speck or not but it worked and no issues so far.

I assume that you have also completely disassembled the carb and blew it all out with compressed air, etc.

I had my DLE 30 in a 72" Extra 330sc but on the second flight I lost a rec. and it went through some power lines, total loss of the airframe so now I'm waiting on a 71" Slick to put everything in. Should have it Monday.
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith