Thread: Discussion New Radios Hitec Aurora 9X
View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by cloudsplitter
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Hi endeavor,

With respect, unless I've missed something fundamental, it's not a question of being bad radio, it's a question of falling far short of meeting the user communities expectations. RC Groups is replete with desires for the successor to the A9, most of which other systems have incorporated. This new radio falls very short in many ways. I'm sure it's a reasonable radio, but why settle for this system, when other manufacturers have stepped up their game and moved way beyond this system.

The point is, from the information we have, there does not appear to be anything unique about the A9x (other than the SLT compatibility) that would entice a customer to purchase this system over anything else. As for SLT functionality, I have pulled receivers from a/c with AnyLink reciver and replaced them with Optimas or Minima's to ensure reliable long range performance, except obviously on the micro aircraft. In my opinion, if they wanted to start a relationship that would hook customers into Hitec, I would have suggested they should have started by having their inexpensive radios offered with the RTF aircraft, as Spektrum did with the cheaper DX series.

Please don't misunderstand, I like Hitec/Multiplex equipment and my A9. Indeed when the A9 came out, I made the choice not to go with Futaba, and go with Hitec because of this radio, it's features and it's price point. My hope is that they will hear the disappointment and respond by stepping up their game, because I do like my A9 and hope that they can be competitive and not end up like Kraft and other fine radio manufacturers - in the past, and only producing bits and pieces like servos, and other parts.
cloudsplitter is offline Find More Posts by cloudsplitter