View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:28 AM
acesimmer is offline
Find More Posts by acesimmer
Registered User
acesimmer's Avatar
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,427 Posts
Now that my wounds have healed up I can continue.... Finished the instrument mold and made a couple of test panels. The fit is nice and they look quite good. Currently laying out the dial graphics which are a pain to align. The dials shown in the pic are not what I'll be using and do not aligned. The dials will be printed on hires photo paper then laminated to the back of the panel. Then I drop a couple of blobs of super crystal clear resin over them to simulate glass and they should also magnify slightly for a better look.

Yesterday, I did a weight and balance check of the assembled airframe with all the components dry placed to get the locations for good CG. Total weight with batts ready to fly is 7lbs. I need to trim off a couple of ounces from the tail feathers on the next builds. This can easily be done has I built the model strong and heavy while experimenting with structures etc. I should easily drop half 1/4 lb off the rear from canopy rearwards.

Was shooting to do the test flight this week but my radio had to be sent in for service. Myself and my bud are planning on going out to the dry lake next week if weather permits. We plan on flying the first couple of trim flights as is. Then switch from 4 to 5 S battery. Then a couple more flights then begin adding weight until she flies no more. I need to know the exact max load it can take for future scale details. I have flown the original of this bird at 8 lbs plus with great results. That model had two GI Joe pilots with moving heads plus a sound system along with metal sprung oleo's and heavy wheels and tires. The motor in this test model is 100 KV larger so should have more power.

Enjoy..........
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Reply With Quote