View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:46 AM
Find More Posts by GadgetMart
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
I've spent the entire week making a satellite work with my DX8, actually worked pretty much automatically with my old DX7 but the DX8.....whew

At first I used a Orange RX 9 ch but my rudder didn't work, everything else did but not the rudder. So here is what I did:

Used an AR6200 (DMS2 RX, NOT DSMX), connect your satellite to the 6200, or orange 6 ch but it appears to require a 6 chan RX so the rudder maps correctly in the ZYX-s.

Once you bind the satellite to the AR6200, plug it into the RUDDER channel of the ZYX-s with your ESC in the AIL channel.

Power up the ZYX-s and hit the reset button untl you get a solid red or blue light, connect your PC or programmer and select DSM2-2 for the interface. Save exit and reboot the ZYX-s and everything should work.....

proceed with setup

BTW, it should work with a DSMX satellite but you must use a DSM2 RX to bind, the ZYX-s does not understand DSMX....
Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like you have forced the Spektrum DSMX satellite to work in DSM2, this is no bad thing as 3GX doesn't support DSMX anyway.

Question is, is the Orange R100 as safe as the Spektrum DSM2 satellites?

Regards.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart