Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:08 AM
Find More Posts by swartzracing
Aerial Operator
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2012
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman Raptor View Post
Hey guys, just finished reading through this thread over the span of a few days, anyway lots of good info. I have had my penguin since the early part of January and been flying LOS for the most part with gp3 attached. Just got my fpv gear early this week and have finished the install today. My son and I did a small range check with everything turned on and Im getting good control out at 60-75ft (radio powered down) and the video on my goggles have no signs of interference, yet!

Sunday will be my first flight fpv (Im an fpv virgin lol) after of course everything checks out on the ground and a LOS flight with someone looking through the goggles.

Just want to send a big thanks to Dave at RMRC who answered all my questions and pointed me in the right direction with my purchases and to Tim for a great first experience from RMRC..shipping to here literally took 3 days by USPS.
Thanks to the guys on here for the great read so far, need to start the other penguin thread now.
Great to hear!

Your going to love FPV, guaranteed addiction!

Little advice for your first flight that helps a lot.

-Make sure the plane flies nice and level LOS before looking into goggles or monitor.

-Have a spotter with you that is watching the plane.

-Get to a good altitude before throwing goggles on or looking into monitor. This will allow you extra time to correct something if there is a problem.

-Don't fly on a windy day. (It will be tempting, but don't do it).

Last but not least, have fun and welcome to a whole new part of your life!

Cheers,
swartzracing is offline Find More Posts by swartzracing