View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:04 AM
Find More Posts by mcashatt
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Ahh, didnt know you wanted to put a gopro gimbal. May have to reconsider a few things.
Yeah, I should have been more clear about my goal. FPV, in this case, is a means to an end. The end being I want to get some great shots of things that you wouldn't otherwise get. For example, when I head to Hawaii with my family in a few weeks, I would love to get some shots of flying in and out of palm trees, through a lava tube, around lava formations, etc. It is a lofty goal, but if I can pull it off it should be some amazing stuff.

I actually have two GoPros and the 3D kit, so I was thinking about putting that on a gimbal, but didn't want to overwhelm your design with frivolous requests.

One other thought I had was that, given the purpose of this aircraft, it may be good to have that top and bottom plate extend out a little past the edge of the props so that they can handle the occasional bump into a wall, tree limb, etc. I am not sure the exact dimension of the props, but I wouldn't likely use anything larger than 6". Therefore, if the plate extended out in about a 3-4" radius from the center of the motor then it should protect the props. Do you agree?
mcashatt is offline Find More Posts by mcashatt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SkullCopter Labs