Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:35 PM
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I went out today and tested the quad on the other frame. The signal was much, much better taping the antennas to the two arms to keep a bit of space between them. I also change the timing to medium on all escs. I think is the middle setting just to see if that would help, I really didn't notice any difference from this setting. I also changed the prop spin to 11 instead of the default 10. I noticed that if I'm below the middle stick, then the motors stopped so I needed to make sure I kept that in the middle or higher. This worked better once I figure that out. All other settings are on their defaults for the board. The only problem I had was when I moved the aileron quick from one side to the other, then the quad flipped on me again. I was on a hover and now I'm wondering what would cause a sudden move of the sticks to make it flip? So it looks like I'm still having a similar problem, but at least I now know it's not my esc's so the only two items left are the board or motors as those are the only parts I have not changed. I also noticed that if I used the kill switch I set up on the throttle switch like a heli, it screwed up the board. I had to reset the escs to make all motors work together again, so I'm trying not to use that. I just wanted to add extra safety to it, but I found this out.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx