Thread: Discussion What planes are winning IMAC?
View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by cloud_9
Jim in the Desert
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Aug 2007
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlebuoy View Post
We are just starting out and campaigning a used Hyperion Helios in
Basic in Sw region. The unlimited guys have been very helpful to us, inclusive of "celebrity" pilots. Everybody has been very pragmatic in equipment recommendations. 40-45% scale can wait until we move up a few classes. 50-60cc will suffice for more than a while. Good used stuff out there if one is patient too. Consistent theme of pilot over equipment, practice, master straight and level, practice...

Our recommendation: get the best you can afford and go fly...a trainer or "2nd plane" will just get you all frustrated. Spring for a mini F3A or something like a Reactor. It surprised up how much better one could fly than a sport plane. Costs no more than sport planes too.

But you are saying you are flying pattern planes in IMAC basic. Why aren't you flying pattern? If you move out of basic, you will have to stop using a pattern plane so I wonder why you started with one?

BTW I just sold 3 Hyperion 67" Katanas, the predecessor of the
Helios, with Hyperion motor and mount. I just could not see where these would be competitive in pattern. As you say, you plan to move up in classes, and that's back to I can't afford it.
cloud_9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud_9