Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwek View Post
Well I never did run it with the 18 tooth pinion gear. I went to my LHS and bought a 27 T pinion gear as the chart in the manual showed for this motor. Ran it just about half hour ago and holy cow. It took off. WOW. This is what I was looking for.
I can't wait to get it out on a parking lot where I have a lot of room. Man what a difference. For those of you that have this car and still running the stock motor and nimh batteries, I strongly urge you to change the pinion gear to a 27 T as the chart suggests. You will not be disappointed. I thought I could get more speed without going BL. This saves quite a bit of cash instead of buying a BL setup. The chart states to get as close to 7.0 as possible. With the 27 T pinion it is at 7.10. With a 28 T pinion it is at 6.94. Don't know what that one will do, but I may try it also just to see the difference. What's $5.00 just to see. That's what I did on the 27 T. & it was money well spent.
By the way, I was curious how warm the motor would get with this gear. After runninig it about 10 minutes the motor didn't even feel warm, granted it is around
25 degrees ouside right now. Overall I am very pleased.
Good deal I'm glad to hear your having success. The right gear makes all the difference.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure