Thread: New Product DJI Phantom Quadcopter
View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Gotta have toys!
La Jolla, CA. USA
Joined May 2006
856 Posts
My interest in RC is mostly centered around aerobatic airplanes, so I have almost no experience with quads. At work we have a use for some AP but I always thought that it would be too difficult to train my guys to fly any of the platforms available. When I saw the DJI Phantom I thought it might have a chance so I ordered one.

I got it, and in about 1/2 hour I was able to put it together, set it up with with a GoPro3, and a Preditor V2 FPV system. I took it down to the fied to test it. I had no problems flying it, either visually, or FPV through the goggles. I was very impressed with the stability, and ease of flying this quad. The FPV flying is a blast!

Today I took out one of my guys to see if I could train him to fly it. He had never flown any type of RC, so I was interested to see if he could be successful. By the end of the morning session, he was flying the Phantom very well in both visual, and FPV modes. His last few batteries I didn't even bother going up to the flight line with him. It was an amazing thing to watch. He could probably take the Phantom out right now a do what we want it to. Still, I will spend a few more sessions with him before turning him loose with it just for saftey reasons.

DJI has done a great job with the Phantom. I am very impressed.
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1