Thread: Discussion New Radios Hitec Aurora 9X
View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by cloudsplitter
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
I've enjoyed my Aurora 9 since I purchase it shortly after it was first released. It is with great sadness that I see this very modest update, as I have been waiting eagerly to upgrade to a new Hitec radio. This appears to be the equivalent of an iPhone 4 to 4s update; including the same case but silver, same display, removed Tx module, 3-position rather than 2-position switches, some software updates, and reduced latency. I can only speculate that the dual processor may be to either address the latency issue or provide the SLT compatibility. But frankly, after so long to have this is very disappointing. If Hitec/Multiplex had released this along with a new flagship transmitter, it might have been a reasonable update, but for their flagship system... well.

I don’t know what percentage of their business their radio systems provide, but after seeing the updated radios that Spektrum, JR and Futaba have released, I'm afraid unless Hitec plans a significant refresh this year, they will have lost the momentum completely that they gained with the release of what was effectively a state of the art system in the A9 at a reasonable price some years ago. For myself, I will have to ponder if I will stay with Hitec for future system purchases, or move to another system. Discussions with others I know who have the A9 suggest they are similarly inclined. Much sadness indeed.
cloudsplitter is offline Find More Posts by cloudsplitter
Last edited by cloudsplitter; Feb 01, 2013 at 07:44 PM.