View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:43 PM
TheKaduu is offline
Find More Posts by TheKaduu
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
31 Posts
Good news and bad news... The good news is that the intermittent connection problem was the cause of my problem. After soldering the female bullet connectors, all i had to do was to adjust the homemade trim tabs... Everything work well! Thank you for your comments...

Now the bad news (at least for me). Since I control the ESCs from the microcontroller, I found out that if i treat the ESC as a servo and send it 95 degree, then motor starts turning at the lowest speed. I also found out that the speed does not increase beyond 130 degrees. And since I did not boat to go very fast, I just send 95 through 115 degrees with increment of 5 degrees to have 5 speeds. The boat went fine with speeds 1, 2... 3rd speed was a little rough!!! But i went ahead and tried the 5th speed like a moron... First couple seconds were find cause speed increases gradually (I programmed that way). At the 3rd second, boat gotten airborne, flipped 2 times and thankfully landed the right way. But the hatch contanng the GPS blew off during the flips. It took me 20 min to fish it out with the fishing pole. When i got the boat in my hand, i realized one of the shafts along with the prop was gone! The boat had some water in it too but luckily nothing was damaged. Now it is time to order a shaft and set of counter rotating props... IT NEVER ENDS!!!

Kadem
TheKaduu is offline Find More Posts by TheKaduu
Reply With Quote