View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by mcashatt
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
709 Posts
Help!
Any capable drafters or SketchUp experts out there??

Hey Guys,

I am currently designing and building two FPV rigs. One of the two uses a TBS Discovery and it is altogether another topic.

For this project, I am attempting to build something from scratch that was inspired by the Shrediquette Bolt. I am calling it the "Ace of Spades" because it kind of resembles a Spade.

This aircraft will be focused on flying in confined spaces (forest shots, inside buildings, etc), and will be an X8 configuration using Turnigy Park 250 2050 motors.

Another RCG member, tech69x (Mike) has generously agreed to do the cutting on this frame from G10 material with his new CNC router.

To let him do that, however, I have to draft something in a program like SketchUp. Well, after a few days of trying, I give up (for now). I will take a class in drafting some day but I have a deadline for this project: I am heading to Hawaii on 2/20/13 and I would like to take this build with me.

Anyway, I was planning to make the design open source anyway so I was wondering if any of you could jump in to help do the drafting if you know how to use SketchUp (or comparable) proficiently?

I would expect for there to be comments and design changes, but I think that this design might be useful.

I have attached my (horrible) concept sketch. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Matt
mcashatt is offline Find More Posts by mcashatt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SkullCopter Labs