Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
3,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
I'm LOVING my 1SQ! Right now it's my favorite thing to fly in my hangar! As was said, "most fun you can have with a hundred bucks!
Thanks!

I mean, really. How many models go from raw, rank beginner to an advanced modeler so readily? Even someone with a large custom-built quad should grab one (or more) simply because of the fun factor. That and the fact a quad large enough to serve as a camera platform isn't terribly practical for indoor use.

In the meantime, I've purchased two additional batteries and the JST adapter. I can now easily charge the batteries with my Triton EQ. I tried a different JST harness which I happened to have and while it worked, it wasn't a very firm connection at the battery.

That second USB charger Hobbico sent as a way of checking whether or not an undercharged battery was causing the intermittent operation of the first model certainly comes in handy. Speaking of which, it's possible to plug that little charger into an AC-to-USB adapter from a smartphone. Works perfectly.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member