Thread: Build Log Horten Ib 1/8 scale
View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by andrecillo76
Germany, BW, Stuttgart
Joined Oct 2009
382 Posts
Hi Kent,

the angle should be between the best glide and least height loss. If you go further, the wing might stall . The problem lies in having a good estimate on the CG position about the yaw axis. We've done a couple of towing tests. Some went bad because of not enough power, and others because of the tow release position. We'll have to test more. I'll probably will have to pull full up during the first meters, against my normal instict...

The new position looks like in the picture below. The difference seems to be small, but I expect a great change in behaviour. We will see how Wolfgang's does. He is at the moment very far from home (China) and wait eagerly to get back home to build. I hope in summer we are going to have two H-I in the air - we have plans of meeting in Bremen.

@Stuart: sorry for the technicality, it's a "work related disease" . I meant just that the pitching moment that restorts the AoA to a steady value is less dependent on the AoA in flying wings than in tailed airplanes, i.e. small torques change more easily the AoA in flying wings.

Cheers,
Andrés
andrecillo76 is offline Find More Posts by andrecillo76