View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:41 AM
Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Sorry, yes I missed that! It's a Vulcan Skyhook: http://www.vulcanuav.com/vulcan-multiframe.html

I've got a 900mm Y6 but it's a modular design - you can add/subtract arms, motor mounts, etc. at will. You can also shorten the standard arms in 30mm increments to create other sizes (or switch to the 1200mm arms). I'll be transferring the stuff directly from my F550:

Torxpower 2216 900 Kv motors (these are basically re-badged T-Motors)
Graupner 11x5 E-props (balanced and slightly shortened)
3S 5800 Lipo
Schulze 8 ch 35 MHz rx
Naza GPS
DJI 18A Opto ESCs
Home made 2-axis camera gimbal

I anticipate a fully-loaded AUW of 2.4 kg with this setup (approx. 300 grams more than the F550). This is a pretty light setup for the frame, really they are engineered for big motors running 6S and carrying heavy gimbals (see the picture on the Vulcan website of three 1200mm arms supporting 28kgs of house bricks on on the centre plate ). But ... having had some issues with the flexibility of the F550 I wanted something really rigid where the motor alignment is guaranteed too. The extra size and Y6 layout should help stability (for AP) in the wind. I also like the fact that you can put the ESCs on the side of the arms, between the centre plates.

I will have the Naza and Rx on the top plate of the centre frame, with the battery on a standoff plate 30mm above that. The bottom plate will just carry the gimbal.
TX - that looks really interesting! Hope to see some photos/videos of your build soon!
ralfrcgroups is offline Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups