Thread: Discussion E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread.
View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:02 AM
Find More Posts by bbrackeen
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I agree. The stock RTF Tx, M4LPDSM, left a lot to be desired. But why am I always against the flow of traffic? I thought the Spektrums are really over-priced, so I found that other solutions are better! Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the DX6i, 7 or 8 are bad radios. They are good radios, but very expensive. And they are exclusive to DSM2/X - nothing else.

Walkera sure is not perfect. But they are also innovative. IMHO, some of their models best Blade's. And their radios, I think, are nicer than the Spektrums. I am interested in a getting a Devo 8s or a Devo 7e, flashing it with DeviationX firmware, and perhaps add a Flysky module to fly everything on the planet. I don't think even the $1200 DX18 could come close to doing that. Am I alone in this?

So, what Walkera model/Tx did you toss into the trash?
I'm not sure the Walkera stuff can do DSM (edit, looks like they can!)? If it accepts the JR style modules, then maybe it can. Also as I mentioned a few threads back, the Turnigy 9x/9xr are also good options if you are not afraid of opening them up and doing a little reflashing to er9x or open9x.
bbrackeen is offline Find More Posts by bbrackeen
Last edited by bbrackeen; Feb 01, 2013 at 09:44 AM.